Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin).
Saint Petersburg. Russia.
1. For three centuries Tsarskoye Selo is a grand imperial summer residence,
2. The pearl of Tsarskoye Selo is Catherine Palace - a magnificent example of the Russian Baroque style,.
3. The length of the facade of the palace is 300 meters,
4. Gold suite of the Catherine Palace is unique. It strikes by luxury and elegance of its decoration,
5. The palace is worldwide famous for the eighth wonder of the world -Amber Room,it took 24 years to recreate it,
6. In Pushkin Park there are more than 100 architectural structures - palaces, pavilions, bridges, marble monuments, imitating Gothic, Turkish and Chinese architecture.
7. From 1811 to 1843 there was the Imperial Tsarskoye Selo Lyceum, which raised the greatest Russian poet – Alexander Pushkin.
State Museum Preserve "Tsarskoye Selo" is an outstanding monument of world architecture and landscape art of XVIII – early XX century. Magnificent constellation of talented architects: Braunstein, Zemtsov, Rastrelli, Cameron, Quarenghi, Stasov, embodied ambitious plans of Russian rulers.
History of Tsarskoye Selo is primarily associated with the rule of three women empresses - Catherine I, Elizabeth and Catherine II. The main building of the ensemble - Great Catherine Palace,lockated on a hill, was constructed by Catherine I, but Elizabeth felt the building is not quite luxurious. To rebuild, she invited Italian architect Rastrelli, his variant of the palace exists today.
The amber room is called a miracle of decorative art. Mosaics of natural amber , mounted in its walls, have the highest artistic value.
Catherine II also contributed to the development of Tsarskoye Selo architecture. At her time one of the best examples of world classical architecture, Alexander Palace,was built. New palace was presented by Catherine II to her favourite grandson Alexander I on the occasion of his marriage. At the beginning of the XX century,during the reign of Niсholas II, Alexander Palace became the main residence of the imperial family and the center of court life: the ambassadorswere recieved there, 300th anniversary of the Romanov dynasty and the 200th anniversary of Tsarskoye Selo were also celebrated there. Both palaces are surrounded by parks with a total area of 300 hectares. Catherine IIwas the one who initiated the creation of the Tsarskoye Selo Lyceum.
1. Visiting amber workshop, where you can watch processing and manufacturing products of amber,
2. Using the halls of the palace for your event.
Star Travel Russia is happy to organize your upcoming trip to Russia.
For further details please contact us.