The State Hermitage Museum.
Saint Petersburg. Russia.
1. The Hermitage Museum is among the largest, oldest and most respected art museums in the world,
2. It is the largest art gallery in Russia,
3. It houses the collection over 3 000 000 of items,
4. The heart of the museum is the former Winter Palace of the Russian Tsars,
5. It offers the magnificent tours and walks through the state rooms,
6. Museum preserves the Tsars’ Theater.
The museum was founded in 1764 when Catherine the Great purchased a collection of 225 paintings from the German city of Berlin.
Today, the Hermitage boasts over 3 million exhibits and displays a diverse range of art and artifacts from all over the world and from throughout history (from Ancient Egypt to the early 20th century Europe). The Hermitage’s collections include works by Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael and Titian, a unique collection of Rembrandts and Rubens, many French Impressionist works by Renoir, Cezanne, Manet, Monet and Pissarro, numerous canvasses by Van Gogh, Matisse, Gaugin, Pikasso and several sculptures by Rodin.
The State Hermitage occupies six magnificent buildings situated along the embankment of the River Neva, right in the heart of St Petersburg. Apart from them, the Menshikov Palace, Museum of Porcelain, Storage Facility at Staraya Derevnya and the eastern wing of the General Staff Building are also part of the museum. The museum has several exhibition centers abroad.
The leading role in this unique architectural ensemble is played by the Winter Palace, the residence of the Russian tsars. The green-and-white three-storey palace is a marvel of Baroque architecture and presents 1,786 doors, 1,945 windows and 1,057 elegantly and lavishly decorated halls and rooms, many of which are open to the public.
1. The possibility to visit the Museum before and after opening,
2. Visit of the Golden Treasures,
3. Organization of the events (concerts, meetings, cocktails etc),
4. Personal show of function of the gem- Peacock clock.
Star Travel Russia is happy to organize your upcoming trip to Russia.
For further details please contact us.